Not just your Bubbe’s honey cake. As a beekeeper and avid cook I can take you and your honey places you’ve never been before- culinarily speaking.
So grab your honey and let’s get Buzzin’.
What does honey taste like? Well honey of course. But did you know that each honeycomb cell contains the nectar from just one type of blossom?
Honey-Meringue Dessert Topping
You Will Need:
- Stand mixer with whisk attachment, hand mixer, or old fashioned egg beater. Or be hard-core and use a whisk.
- 2 egg whites
- 120g honey
Make the Magic Happen:
Make sure your bowl is very clean, dry, and if possible, chilled. Egg whites like to be the starring attraction and pampered accordingly.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form
- Add the pinch of salt
- Add honey a spoonful at a time, beating well after each addition
- don’t stream it in- it just flails the honey to the sides of the bowl, which later will deflate your egg whites
- Once you’ve added all the honey beat for several more minutes until you get stiff peaks
Great with cake, ice creams, or fruit.
Use immediately, or freeze with the intent of using later with a cold or frozen dessert. Also makes a divine sweet shmear for Honey Mango Tea Loaf.